Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's true!! There are two!!

Yes it is true. I am pregnant with twins!! Yes two babies. I still don't believe it. I have known I was pregnant for over a month now, but I never thought there were two. At one point in my ultrasound the lady said there are three. Thank goodness there are only two. They are healthy and have strong heartbeats. They are in separate sacks which is good so they wont get all tangled with each other. I go back in three weeks so I will find out more. So my twin due date is beginning of April. Full term for twins is 36 weeks. So hopefully all goes well and we have them in April. I feel awful most of the time. I am hungry all the time. I have been eating like a horse. So I expect to be huge!!! Heartburn medication has been my best friend. I already have a little bump at 9 weeks.

We are really excited and have no idea how we are going to attempt this. However I have a very peaceful feeling and have realized that they are coming to us for a reason. So we have six months to get organized! Wish us luck. We are going to need it.

p.s. We now have to buy a bigger car! I never thought I would have that many kids!!

26 comments:

Bethany said...

beyond thrilled. and it will be nice to have brinlee there to help (not that she's a slave...or an adult, but still...she will be great to fetch diapers and such) i am so excited!!! and i love your new blog layout :)

The White Clan said...

How exciting. And much better you than I. Brinlee is gonna love to be such a helper. Congrats!

Lisa said...

I just saw Tara post about this on Facebook so I thought I'd drop you a note to say congrats!! That is so exciting. Good luck getting ready!

Amber and David said...

oh Ashlee! That is so exciting! Congratulations!!

Mandy said...

you lie about having a bunmp already! guys, dont let her fool you. im still so excited for you...and dont worry i can live at your house once the babies are born.

Lorna said...

You crazy kids! SO SO SO happy for you!!!

-KJ said...

I am dying! I love, love, love it. You will be great. Maybe that is why you thought Brinlee was a little tough for you...it was the Lord preparing you for two! I can't wait to see their curly hair!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I am thrilled. Its gonna be so fun to have all the little kiddies running around everywhere. and if you ever need an eating buddy to make you feel better im only a phone call away. cafe rio delivers too so we dont even have to leave the house. so excited for you. xoxo

Aurelie said...

Congrats! I'm a fan of twins. You will be a great mama to the duo and Brinlee. We're doing things opposite. My twins are now 4 and we're expecting just one little nugget in April. I'm so excited. I can't wait to remember how amazing and miraculous life with twins can be watching you experience it. I think I may even enjoy it more from this perspective.

Tiffany said...

Stunned is my reaction!!! I can't believe it! I am so happy for you guys! That is so great!

ashlee said...

Thanks! You guys make me feel better about what is happening!

Liz Maxfield said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I'm so excited for you. Twins are so cute! I hope Tara's next!! haha.

Tara said...

Yeah for another set of twins in our family. What's two more added to all the current chaos? Family dinners are going to be a hoot!

Melissa B said...

WOW! Yay, I am so excited for you. Congratulations!

kristin said...

I am so excited for you. Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is such exciting news!

Jeanna Hayes said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!!!! Congratulations!!!! And I get to see your little "bump" soon! :) Can't wait :)

Trevor and Lisa said...

Trevor saw the news on Tara's face book and told me I had to check out your blog. We are so happy for you!! I know what you mean about being sick! So if you need anything just let me know, I'm glad to help. Congrats again!!!

Shaun said...

I am so stoked for you guys. Miss you guys.

Nicole said...

Congrats! That's so exciting. We need to get together one of these days when your feeling up to it.

Amber said...

So, so excited for you!! That is crazy but awesome!

Miller Family said...

Wow! so so so exciting. I can't believe everyone around me who is having twins. Heavenly Father is sending them down in 2's. Congrats.

Kathryn e. said...

Wow Ashlee! I am so excited for you...I have an extra set of hands anytime you need them!

Mel said...

Oh Ashlee...I know exactly what you are going thru. I hope your pregnancy goes well. Somehow you manage. I look back and can't really wrap my brain around how I made it but somehow you just do. And you will have so much help with your family around. It will be awesome!
I went 38 weeks with my 2 crazy kids! Oh man!

Milly said...

ok seriously the shock is probley all over but for me i cant belive it but iam so exited for you.Gosh i know its not easy, im sure watching your sister you know. angie, my sister has two bad bad boys its been so hard but you can handle it i cant wait to hear more. miss you guys love milly

Martin Family said...

WOW! That is so exciting. Happy for your family. Please keep us updated.I need a haircut. Know anyone in Indiana????? Miss ya.
Sarah Martin