Saturday, March 22, 2008

Diet Coke Free!!

Okay to some of you this might not be a big deal but for those of you who are addicted to diet coke you will understand. So I use to be addicted to Dr.Pepper but because of the calories I switched to diet coke. Well this has been going on for quite a few years. The other day Kenny came home and told me all these horrible things that diet coke can do to your body, because it contains aspertaine (spelling?). So I decided that I should try and stop drinking it. Let me tell you the first day was hard and I had a headache to prove it. So here I am three days without and I am still alive. I wouldn't say I feel great yet I am still going through my detox!! JK

14 comments:

Brian Stucki said...

Three whole days? Ashlee, you are sugh a woman of strength. =)

Just kidding. Glad you're trying. I bet Kenny was glad that he had that medical experience in college so he could really give you the details about what it was doing to your body.

ANd it's definitely possible to quit. When I quit Diet Coke, I just had a cigarette each time I had a craving. Totally worked.

kristin said...

I am so proud of you cuz! I have gone on detox quite a few times. This last time I fell off the wagon, but I have to say that I do not crave it as much. I don't even have to have one a day. I hope to get back off. Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks Brian! I'll try the cigarette thing. jk

Kristen- I totally thought I would really want one but I don't. I feel free!! jk

Mandy said...

i dont believe it. i need to see inside your fridge. :)

Lenny and Amanda said...

My jaw is still dropped from shock!! I am so inpressed with you...You will have to let me know how it is going!! I sm just not strong enough to give it up yet!!

Alli Easley said...

Yes, it is good to quit, but...

(this is Taylor's sister by the way)

My best friend here in California, her husband works at Loma Linda hospital as a doctor and he sent me this:

http://tinyurl.com/dhbnn

totally rumor. Also, my dad agrees with this, and John Oblad is a psycho when it comes to Diet Coke. They love it.

If the prophet tells me to stop drinking or eating things with Aspartame, I'll listen. Don't stress yourself out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

good for you!! i know how hard those addictions can be! good luck!

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Good job! Dave must have talked to Kenny because he called me a few days ago and told me all the crazy things that can happen from eating/drinking things with aspertaine. I no longer chew my sugar free gum because its in it. I am addicted to gum so i totally understand! good job! very exciting

Jenn said...

I am seriously impressed! I am hooked on Diet Coke too and I don't think I can get off of it! hehe..I don't think I will even try! But I am glad you are and have succeeded!

Bethany said...

i am so proud of you!!! i was there during the dr. pepper days....you can do it!!!

The Crowley's said...

Hey Ashlee, Roxie sent us your blog site. You guys look great, your daughter is so cute. Mike has been off of diet coke since January so he can feel your pain. I saw your great photoshop edits, I have been learning lately too so we need to talk. Hopefully we can get to Vegas some time soon. check out our blog at crowleyandfamily.blogspot.com - amber and Mike

-KJ said...

Good for you! I say, if you can't break it completely, just go to Sonic and order it with extra extra ice. Then you are forced to eat the ice and you only get a flavor of the DC. Coke snow cone, OK! Mmmm. I admit I stick with the hard core stuff. Strait Coke, none of this diet stuff. I am a fan of the Diet Dr. Peppa though.
My lil sis has gone about 7 years or so with out ANY soda! What the...she is crazy.

Anonymous said...

I love when i hear about someone trying to stop. i respect that controll about people. Keep going. Soda really is not a good thing for anyones diet. not to mention it doesnt help with weight controll. I am sure you will have your headaches. Your body was use to it. I have way to many opinions on this topic but the only thing i will say is get on a vitamin. it will help your body go through the lost of sugar intake it is use too. Do your homework look into it yourself. Then you can be more firm.